Leah's photographic style is often described as natural, environmental portraiture. Her tools are simple: the square frame of her Rolleiflex, medium format film and available light. She describes her work as being an observation and appreciation of her surroundings and her intention as a photographer is to trigger an emotional response from viewers. The sea is a subject that reoccurs within her work as she considers the mysteries of the ocean to hold a powerful connection on a spiritual level.
Exhibitions & Publications
- Emerging Artists Awards - Group show at Artrium Gallery, Wellington. November 2014.
- Wavelength - Group exhibition at Bowen House Parliament Gallery, Wellington. October-November 2014.
- SAFE: Shakti fundraiser exhibition - upcoming group show at 19 Tory St. October 2014.
- SHOTS Magazine - featured in the Summer 2014 edition, no.124.
- Wellington Regional Arts Review exhibition at Expressions Gallery, Upper Hutt. June-August 2014.
- Group Exhibition/Art Auction, Island Bay community, Wellington. August 2013.
- Scholarship recipient for an Advanced Diploma in Art and Creativity 2012.
- Figurative Expressions - Thistle Hall group exhibition. August 2012.
- Portrait - Group Exhibition at Matchbox Studios. August 2012.
- Off The Cuff - Group Exhibition at Farsite Gallery, Petone. June 2012.
- REMIX Magazine - Interview feature in the Summer Edition 2012.